6.3.8 update

Hi, the 6.3.8 update changes the structure of all my pages, removing content bands and putting everything on a single page in a single text box. I cannot update like this I will have to rebuild my entire website.

Please help!

Hi There @klmlabs1

Thanks for writing in! We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused. It seems that you’re using Visual Composer on your site. After updating your X theme to the latest version, please head over to WPBakery Page Builder -> General Settings and make sure “Legacy X Integration” is enabled.

A common request we get is to not overwrite parts of the WPBakery Page Builder. We are committed to keep supporting sites from the early days of X where Visual Composer was our page builder but we’ve consolidated all that integration code under one setting. It used to be enabled by default, but you will now need to opt-in to using it.

Make sure to purge your server cache and also clear your browser cache before testing.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to investigate your issue further.

Thanks!

Thank you very much. It’s strange how the update changes the settings of WPBakery Page Builder, making one re enable Legacy X Integration afterward, but it definitely worked! I was able to update and now everything is as I left it. Thanks again for maintaining support for the sites built with Visual Composer!

You’re welcome. We are definitely committed to supporting sites built with Visual Composer. The reason we made that change is because we had a fair amount of feedback that users didn’t want the X rows and columns to take over WPBakery Page Builder’s layout elements. So instead of making it on by default we made it an opt-in setting.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.