502 Timeout error

Anytime I try to edit a post on my theme or add a new one i get the following error.

The page request was canceled because it took too long to complete
What can I do?

Site visitors: There was an issue serving your request, please try again in a few minutes.

Site Owners: A request for either a page, script, process, or query has taken too long to complete and has been cancelled due to a bad gateway. You should visit your error log for more information.

Here are the error Logs:

[Mon Jan 14 20:19:56.395860 2019] [php7:error] [pid 31632] [client 173.230.133.164:62734] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function x_get_view() in /nas/content/live/dlaawpengine/wp-content/themes/x/index.php:16\nStack trace:\n#0 {main}\n thrown in /nas/content/live/dlaawpengine/wp-content/themes/x/index.php on line 16

[Mon Jan 14 20:19:56.830169 2019] [autoindex:error] [pid 31629] [client 173.230.133.164:62900] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /nas/wp/www/sites/dlaawpengine/wp-includes/css/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html,index.cgi,index.pl,index.php,index.xhtml,index.htm) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive

Trying to do some testing on my own and with WPengine support. when i deactivate the cornerstone plugin, it seems to allow me to edit and create new pages without timing out. It seems slower than normal but it does work. Thoughts?

From WP Engine Support: Seems like cornerstone might have some 7.2 incompatibilities. I’d suggest checking with the plugin authors on this one to see if they;ve had any other reports of users having timeout issues on the most recent WordPress version and on php 7.2

Hi There,

The Cornerstone plugin is fully compatible with PHP v7.2. I’ve tested with my local installation.

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.
  5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  6. Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 120 for optimal usage (https://thimpress.com/knowledge-base/how-to-increase-maximum-execution-time-for-wordpress-site/).
  7. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Okay so it actually looks like it is the theme. I changed to twentyseventeen and am no longer getting 502 errors.

it doesn’t seem to be actual segmentation fault or a fatal PHP error. So I’m not sure where specifically in the theme that is being caused, I’ll reactivate the child theme real quick and see if the behavior comes back.

It doesnt seem to be related to plugins as the issue still persist when all plugins are deactivated and the theme is active.

Hi,

The theme is also compatible with PHP v7.2. I’ve tested on my test sites and hundreds of sites that are using xtheme are running in that version too.

Can you try re-installing your theme using FTP.

1. Delete X Folder in wp-contents/themes
  2. Download X in Forumdashboard or themeforest.
  3. Unzip x.zip in your computer
  4. Upload X folder to wp-content/themes

Make sure to backup your site before doing this.

Thanks

Theme reuploaded - here is the error im getting

When i try and activate the theme i get a 500 error and here is the exact error code. Wp engine is still thinking this is a theme issue. Can you please help?

41 PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/nas/content/live/dlaawpengine/wp-content/themes/x/classes/class-twentynineteen-svg-icons.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /nas/content/live/dlaawpengine/wp-content/themes/twentynineteen/functions.php on line 298

Hi Joe,

Based on that error, your TwentyNineteen’s functions.php (not our theme) is calling the file class-twentynineteen-svg-icons.php which is also not our theme’s file. The name itself is pointing to where the issue is originating.

Are you trying to activate TwentyNineteen? If yes, I recommend contacting Wordpress developer for further issues. That error is no longer related to the error originally posted on this thread. It’s not an exact code :slight_smile:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.