502 Bad Gateway error

Hi there,

I currently cannot log in to my website, 21daysugardetox.com. My developer contacted CloudFlare support, and after some time chatting and troubleshooting, this is what my developer had to say:

“After a good deal of time on chat with WP Engine, they were able to narrow this down to a cornerstone issue. Seems cornerstone is exhausting the amount of memory the site is allowed to use and causing the crash. This could be related to the X theme as well as it seems that theme is pretty integrated with cornerstone. Not sure if this was recently updated but the next step will be to reach out to them with this issue and see if they have a patch or can look at it directly. Sorry we weren’t able to resolve this directly, some of these things just are tough to get through.”

I’ve purged the cache on CloudFlare, cleared my browser cache, tried an incognito window, and have not installed any new plugins in weeks.

Can you look into this further, please?

Hello Diane,

You can login through FTP then edit the wp-config.php file and find the line: define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );. Set it to true then save the file. Log back in the admin area and you should be able to see some more error information when you redo the steps you are having issues with.

If you are getting an error message that suggests: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of xxxxx bytes exhausted, it means that you need to have the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Here is a details article about the PHP Memory Limit that is in our Knowledge Base:

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

If you are still having an issue, please provide us with the admin details of your site in a Secure Note so that we can check this further.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.