500 Internal Server Error on changing Wordpress URL Path

On my site bespokesmiles.ie I have installed Wordpress and am using an X Child Theme. I built up the site on URL path “http://bespokesmiles.ie/wordpress” and now want to remove the “/wordpress”. When I do this it seems to save correctly etc. but when I try to edit the page in Cornerstone returns a 500 internal server error. If I try to view the web page in a browser it either returns the same internal server error or it distorts parts of the page. I am not sure what is going on, because I have always changed the URL path the same way on other sites and it never causes a problem. Wondering if you might know what’s happening?

Hi,

Try to reset permalinks by going to Settings > Permalinks and just click on Save Changes

I can also see that you have a really old version of the theme. Please update your theme and cornerstone to latest version.

The latest version numbers are:

X 6.2.5, Cornerstone 3.2.5

Please follow the guide below in updating your theme.

Thanks

Thank you, resetting the permalinks seems to have done the trick. Thanks again, appreciate it.

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.