500 Error on Checkout page

I’ve tried disabling all plugins, increasing memory size, using the raw element for the Checkout page, deleting the Checkout page, readding it, reading through the forums, etc. I’m getting a memory size error in cpanel, but I’ve tried increasing it to the maximum size which still doesn’t work and then I get a timeout error. The only thing that works is reverting back to the original theme. Please help :slight_smile:

Hi @andreawhitehead,

Please set wp debug to true so we can see where the error is coming from.

Edit your wp-config.php file located at the root directory of your site and set this to true

define('WP_DEBUG', TRUE);

Thanks

Hey Andrea,

Please try:

ini_set('display_errors','On');
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL );
define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true);

If you are still not able to see anything, please provide us with the admin and FTP access to your site in a Secure Note:

Still not working. I added login details to a secure note :slight_smile:

Hello @andreawhitehead,

The WP credentials do not allow us to check the error and other files. Could you please provide the FTP details instead? You can add the FTP credentials in a secure note in your next reply.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry about that! Included them below.

Hi There @andreawhitehead

I have re-created your checkout page and it is started to function again.

Your memory limit also seems to be fine (Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo) as you have around 1GB allocated.

Thanks!

It looks like you removed the shortcode [woocommerce_checkout] from within the Pro editor and just placed it in the Text editor. I’d like to be able to add a banner within Pro which is why I placed the shortcode within a raw element. I’ve done this on other sites so I know it’s possible. I’ve readded it to Pro and now it’s not working again.

Hello @andreawhitehead,

The issue is you’ve used Pro Editor in the Checkout page and the checkout shortcode should not be wrapped or placed inside another shortcode which is the case when you add it in Pro Editor because it’s made of shortcodes.

You also shouldn’t edit the pages assigned for Woocommerce using any builder like Pro Editor. The shortcode was added by WooCommerce itself, and even if you delete it and assign it again as your Woocommerce checkout page then it’s still the same. The recommended way of editing Woocommerce layout and content is through Woocommerce templates and hooks.

Hope it helps.

Alright, I’ll resort to doing that. I know I’ve put the shortcode in the Pro Editor for other sites and it’s worked perfectly fine so not sure why this one won’t. Thanks for your help.

You are most welcome!
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.