500 error at proceed checkout

Hi there,

when going to my website on page https://www.inneswildlife.com/checkout/, I get the the 500 internal server error, I check with my hosting and they are telling me that is come from cornerstone. Can you please advice what to do please? Thanks
Here their answer:

Thank you for your patience up to now.

The issue is caused by a plugin installed on your website:

cornerstone

When the plugin is disabled, the checkout page is loading fine. You can verify that on your end by disabling the plugin and testing the checkout page. So far I tested the plugin with different PHP versions, however, the issue still persists.

As I see, the plugin is essential for the proper functioning of your website, so it is recommended to contact its developers and ask them to check further what could be causing that behavior.

If they provide you with instructions on what has to be done on our end, we will gladly assist you.

Best Regards,

Valeri Kratunkov
Technical Support Team

Hi there,

You can login through FTP then edit the wp-config.php file and find the line: define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );. Set it to true then save the file. Go back to the checkout page and you should see error information that is causing the issue.

If you are getting an error message that suggests: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of xxxxx bytes exhausted, it means that you need to have the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

If you are still having an issue, please provide us with the admin details of your site and the error logs from your host in a Secure Note so that we can check this further.

Hi Jade,
I set it to true but cannot see any error information, the line you are suggesting are already on the file,
define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);
define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

The error log from the host:
[Tue Jan 22 03:36:22.496682 2019] [:notice] [pid 23642] [client 110.175.6.203:46520] mod_hive matched URI http://www.inneswildlife.com/wp-login.php (/home/inneswil/public_html/wp-login.php) with match 2, referer: https://www.inneswildlife.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.inneswildlife.com%2Fwp-admin%2Fedit.php%3Fpost_type%3Dpage&reauth=1

Hi Valeri,

May I know what version of woocommerce are you using.

Please note that the latest supported version of woocommerce is Version: 3.5.1

If you have a higher version, you will need to rollback to 3.5.1, you can use this third party plugin to rollback

if that doesn’t help, please provide us your wordpress admin login in Secure Note so we can check further.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

I am not valeri, this was a copy of the info I have got from SiteGround, I just sent you my Wordpress credential, I do have the last version of Woocommerce and I did the update today, but it is still the same problem.
Thanks

Sorry for the confusion, Dali. The issue is you’ve used Cornerstone in the Checkout page and the checkout shortcode should not be wrapped or placed inside another shortcode which is the case if you add it in Cornerstone because it’s made of shortcodes.

I’ve created a new page and inserted the checkout shortcode only in the content and it doesn’t cause the error. I’ve also set it as the checkout page in WooCommerce > Settings > Advanced.

I’d recommend that you switch to the default editor for the former checkout page and remove the Cornerstone content then insert the WooCommerce checkout shortcode back. Because of caching and/or other settings in your site though, you might see the error still even if you’ve removed the Cornerstone content so you might need to clear all caches and check other settings in your site. This is not covered by our support service.

Alternatively, you can delete the old checkout page completely (deleted in Trash) then create a new page with the same Checkout title and slug and insert the checkout shortcode. Then, assign it as your checkout page. Again, if you still get the error with the new checkout slug, this has something to do with caching. You’ll need to contact your web host to clear all caches. We can do nothing at this point.

Thanks.

Thanks christian, I really appreciate your help, I will create another page then. learning from my mistake.
cheers

On behalf of my colleague, you’re welcome. Cheers! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.