404 when adding new element

When I am editing a page with cornerstone and I click on the elements tab (trying to just view all the elements at my disposal) I get a 404 page. I can edit already added elements, but I can not add any new elements.

1 Like

Same here.

When I click “elements” or “inspector”, I’m taken to a “Object not Found! …Error 404”.

In case it helps support, URL is like this: “http://domain.com/content/22/elements

Just installed today, 12/4/2018 on a new Wordpress site. Latest version of everything.

Hi guys,

I recommend contacting your hosting provider, the 404 that is being displayed is your hosting’s 404 page instead of Wordpress. Which means the requests are not passing through for Wordpress processing, host only decides that it doesn’t exist.

And with that, there is no proper URL rewrite because the settings keep on adding index.php, and Wordpress automatically add it. The purpose of the rewrite is a catch-all-and-pass-to function so all requests are sent to Wordpress and so it will able to decide if it’s really a 404 or there if there is a function associated to it.

But, cornerstone works without URL rewrite, try editing a page and the builder will work but instead, the URL format will be like http://www.*******************.com/wordpress/?cs-launch=1&cs_route=content.builder/39

Thanks!

Thai: Your product worked fine before, and now it doesn’t. You’ve received several reports of this last night alone.
It stands to reason that a breaking change was made recently.

I personally use apache, where all rewrites are handled in the htaccess file. If you could ask your engineers for verification as to the proper configuration, it’d be greatly appreciated.

To everyone else with the same issue, please post here which type of webserver you’re using to help provide context

Woohoo, I got it working!

Upon looking for my htaccess file, I noticed it was missing for some reason.
I tried another support agent’s advice and click “save” on the permalinks page, but a new one never rengerated.

I went ahead & reinstalled Wordpress. The htaccess file wasn’t there initially, but now after I clicked “save” on the permalinks page, one generated. Not sure if this is relevant or not, but I chose the “post name” format toward the end. Working like a charm now!

I’d also like to take a moment to thank @basanta who provided helpful steps that led me to resolve the issue. Thanks!!

1 Like

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

Care to help me with it @basanta ? Haha

Hi @gvedak,

Could you please navigate to Settings > Permalinks then click on the Save button again? Under the Common Settings, you should select the Post name:

Let us know how it goes!

Haha, that totally worked!!! Thank you very much.

On behalf of my colleague, you’re welcome. Cheers! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.