404 on [site.com]/x

I’ve checked the forums, but none of the solutions seems to help with my issue. I installed X-Theme for a site and was testing it. Then I changed the permalinks. This broke the /x/ cornerstone builder. I kept getting a 404 error.

I tried every solution on the forums, but nothing worked, so I dropped the database and re-installed Wordpress and XTheme from scratch. This time, I changed the permalink structure before even installing XTheme. However, I’m running into the same issue with a completely fresh install.

What could be the problem?

Hi There,

If you have set the permalinks for post name and you are still facing issues, please provide your admin credentials so we can take a closer look.

Thanks!

Details in the secure note below:

Hello @princeghazitrust,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

It looks like the .htaccess file is not writable. Can you please try adding following code in .htaccess file. You will need to log in to your ftp and edit the .htaccess file:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>  

You can also refer following tutorial to lean more on editing .htaccess file.

Thanks.

OK, I just followed your instructions (though my .htaccess file had the exact same lines). But I deleted everything and replaced it with what you provided, restarted httpd and tried again. But I’m still getting a 404 error on /x/

thanks

Hello @princeghazitrust,

Thanks for updating thread.

In that case can you please share FTP details in a secure note? I would like to take a closer look into the FTP.

Thanks.

Hello @Prasant

Yes, though you can also SSH into the server. Leaving a secure note…

Hi @princeghazitrust

It looks like your site is working now.

Please let us know if we can further assist you

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.