404 not found in Cornerstone

For some reason, when I’m editing in Cornerstone, the page loads but when I click on Layouts, Elements or Inspector, I get a 404 “pageThe requested URL /content/7/elements was not found on this server.”

Please help!

1 Like

Hi @yanikphoto,

thanks for writing in!

You may have permalink issue. Please go to Dashboard -> Settings -> Permalink save it again.
If that doesn’t help please send us your login details in a secure note so that we can have a look.

Thanks

Hi @yanikphoto,

On the same setting, Admin > Settings > Permalinks, please remove the /index.php

That should fix it.

Cheers!

won’t this break all my pages?

Hi Yanik,

It should not break your pages as it will just reset your permalinks to not contain /index.php to the URL segments.

You might also want to set it back to the Day and name format.

Cheers!

unfortunalety, removing the /index.php made all my pages 404. :frowning:

I could work in Cornerstone before why not anymore?

Hi There,

It could be mode rewrite issue related which is responsible for permalinks. If it’s not configured or supported by your hosting, then you’ll get 404 on most of the pages. It maybe different from host to host so you may contact your hosting provider about that issue.

Thanks!

thanks!

I hate my client’s host. :wink: It,s the worse.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

is it possible to download cornerstone v 3.3.7? I’d like to test and see if it’s 3.3.8 that’s causing the issue.

thanks!

Hey @yanikphoto,

Regretfully, you can only revert to the stable release which you can see in the Dashboard: https://theme.co/apex/dashboard.

You can also try contacting your host if they have a backup of your site you can revert to.

Please also try resetting your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button. You might need your web host’s assistance for this as this is connected to the server.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.