404 Error Using Cornerstone

Hi,

I am experiencing an issue trying to edit my site with Cornerstone. When I click on ‘Edit page with Cornerstone’ it all loads up fine, but as soon as I try to click the elements tab or edit the page in any way I get this error:

"Not Found

The requested URL /content/6/elements was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I used this this on a previous domain and had no issues so I can’t understand why this is now happening.

Any ideas?

Hi There,

It could be rewrite related which is responsible for permalinks. If it’s not configured or supported by your hosting, then you’ll get 404 on most of the pages. It maybe different from host to host so you may contact your hosting provider about that issue.

Thanks!

What do you mean by rewrite??

Hello @rglohre,

Thanks for updating the thread.

You can take a look at following article to learn more about Rewrite:

https://kinsta.com/blog/wordpress-permalinks-url-rewriting/

Thanks.

Ok. Have someone else there looking into my issue with the Elements tab. Does not appear to be a rewrite issue for me as one site has the issue and the other does not. Both rewrite are setup same way on each.

Hello @rglohre,

Thanks for updating in! Please go to Settings > Permalinks and make sure that you have correctly inserted your desired permalink settings. Save your changes and go back to Cornerstone editing page.

If nothing is working, please provide us the url and the login credentials in a secure note so that we can investigate further.

Please let us know how it goes.

Is it the same issue that I am having?

It seems it is permalink related.

When I change the permalink settings to anything other than plain the Cornerstone sidebar no longer produces a 404 error.

But once I finish editing the site, if I do actually want my permalink setting to be plain, how to I prevent this issue from happening?

Hey Christopher,

This does not happen in my test site so there’s probably some custom rules in your htaccess file that is causing this. Would you mind giving us FTP access in a Secure Note so we could check your htaccess setup. For now, please try reseting your htaccess by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Thanks.

Hi Christopher,

Depending on what platform it’s running, it may not or work on plain permalink format. So I recommend using a pretty permalink format like in that thread since that setup uses a CATCH ALL implementation that forwards any requests to index.php properly rather than having a URL Queries.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.