4.9 update results in WPbakery, slider revolution not working

My compliments to your fantastic theme. I have been using it for years.

This happened after the 4.9 Wordpress update, wpbakery update and others…

• I am not able to edit pages with wpbakery (does not load)
  • Slider revolution shows blank page
  • Cornerstone does not respond

Can you please help getting this back in working order?
Thank you in advance.

Kerwin

Hello There,

Thanks for posting in! Can you confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme and Plugins)

Our latest versions are:
X Theme: 5.2.5
Cornerstone: 2.1.7
WP Bakery Visual Composer: 5.4.3
Revolution Slider: 5.4.6.3.1

You can check out the latest supported plugins here:

You can find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have all the updates to the above versions installed. Wp bakery will not update to latest version due to “url not found”.
When opening a page for editing, I WP bakery is not even seen as edit option. No WP front and backend editing options.
Cornerstone keeps looping to open page for editing.
Slider revolution is not displaying anymore.

Basically, I cannot edit anything anymore.

Hope there is a solution.
Thank you so much.

Hi again,

Please test for the following:

1. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

5. If the Child Theme is activated, deactivate it and activate the Parent Theme.

Let us know how this goes!.

Wauw, thank you so much for your quick response.

Did all of the above, but sadly no change.
It seems now that the customizer stays in “making changes” loop.
Wp bakery not even visual as backend editor when opening page,
well and so on…

In this case, please give us access to your WordPress admin and FTP in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

I deactivated the Audio Player by Clammr plugin and now your slider shows up. The other issues persists, would you mind deactivating all third party plugins while we investigate. I could not deactivate them all for you because you need to have knowledge of this.

Thanks.

All third party plugins are now deactivated.

Thank you

Hey Kevin,

I’m very sorry I should have known this earlier. The issue is currently a bug in WordPress and locale other than English. See this ticket. For now, I recommend that you revert to a working state of your site until WordPress fixes this issue.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi Christian,

Ok, yess I thought so…and understand
I will revert back, but thank you very much for your efforts.

regards,
Kerwin

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.