3 issues with modern calendar

Hi,

I have 3 issues with modern calendar.

1. When I search an event for a chosen location and month, f.e. XY in February, I get the correct answer. But if I turn off months and go “ignore months and years” in my search filter then the answer is “no events found”

2. As most of my events aren’t daily but spanning over weeks or months, if I search for an event which starts in February 2018 and end in June 2018 the results I get are only for February. If I go for any other months then I don’t get any result while the event is of course in progress.

3. The single event page is narrower than the usual post page. How can I can have the same width for both?

With best regards,

Doru

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. The first two questions are related to the M.E.C. functionality itself and we will need to ask the step by step guide to reproduce the problem so we can test the case on our installation. If that is something we can find a bug we will add this to our issue tracker. Our development team then will contact the M.E.C. developers and report the bug with details and then we all will need to wait for their upcoming releases to have a fix regarding this.

For the 3rd question, please give us the regular and event single post URLs on your website and we will double check the case in our browsers and if needed we will suggest CSS code to fix the width.

Thank you.

Hello,

The issue it happens f.e. when in the www.fullcanvases.com/calendar I chose from the filter “Dulwich picture gallery” and “February”. There is one result which is correct. If now instead of February I pick “ignore months and events” then the result is "there are no events.

For the third issue, if I go to https://www.fullcanvases.com/2018/02/08/the-genius-of-ikeno-taiga-carefree-traveler-legendary-painter/ the post has the normal width. If I go now for any of the events via calendar then the post event is narrower which is better seen when the screen goes smaller, f.e. phone screen dimensions.

Best regards

Hey @dorualex,

For 1 and 2. Please update MEC to the latest compatible version (currently 2.5.0). Let us know if the issue persist after that.

For 3. The single events page is narrower because the container has a width of 1196px. Please set your Site Max Width to 1196px in Appearance > Theme Options > Layout and Design

Thanks.

Hi,

I updated, deleted the cache and no changes

Hi there,

1. The ignore month and years is seems to be a bug and I’m able to reproduce it. When that option is selected, the query then defaults to year 2020 which of course, no events for that year. I’ll add this to our issue tracker, for the meantime, you can just hide that option for now. Please add this code to your global custom Javascript

jQuery('#mec_sf_skip_date_34').remove();

1. I think the search only works for events where it starts, I’ll add this as a bug too.

2. If I go now for any of the events via calendar then the post event is narrower would you mind providing the exact URLs of the pages with the wrong dimension? I compared your provided URL and to other events pages and the dimension are the same.

Thanks!

Hello,

As a suggestion, could the text “ignore…” be replaced for the future with “choose month” which should be also the default text in the search filter box instead of the actual month? I think is more appropriate.

Best regards

Hi there,

Thank you for the suggestion, we will send the suggestion to the M.E.C developers and if they see fit they will implement.

Hi there,

Are there any news regarding my issues? The calendar is hardly useful in the actual situation.

Best regards

Hi there,

As you may already know the M.E.C. is a third party plugin and we do not have power over decisions of changes for the plugin. We merely can convey the message which we did.

The rest is completely up to them and something that is out of our hands. Please stay tuned for upcoming releases of the plugin. Needless to say that there is no guarantee for the fixes.

If you insist on having direct support with them you will need to purchase their plugin and go to the support of the plugin directly.

Thank you for your understanding.

there is already a new update for the calendar but I can’t do it

Hi there,

I did not understand exactly what you mean. The latest version you can use is 2.5.0. As the plugin is bundled with the theme you will be limited to the updates that we release and not the latest update of the plugin. Please read the Bundled Version section of the article below for more information about that:

Thank you.

You said I should wait for an updated version of the plugin which may fix the bugs. When I sent the inquiry with my issues the plugin was the version 2.5.0. Now I am warned in my dashboard that a new version 2.6.0 is available. I tried to update it but every time I got a failure answer.

I understand very well that in X theme case the plugin works a bit differently. But in the same time I feel a lot of uneasiness for the fact the core piece of my site cannot work properly

Regretfully, you will need to wait for the release of the new version because it will undergo compatibility test with X.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.