2 issues: X vs Pro?

Hi all, hoping for some expectation setting here.

Starting a new build today. Grabbed a Pro license and installed in on my shiny, new WPEngine account for the client.

Couldn’t find Cornerstone on the Pro–>Validation screen.

Went to create a new page, and hit the “Pro” tab. Loaded the text editor with some additional options.

Shrugged, figured I just need a demo today, went back to the Pro–>Setting screen, and did not see the “demo content” I was looking for.

Gave up, uploaded X and activated. Says it’s validated, but experiencing the same behavior when I got to create a new a page and try to load the Cornerstone tab.

This is all unexpected behavior. Can someone:

1. Help me troubleshoot what the heck is happening with loading Cornerstone?
  2. Point me towards a listing of the differences that I should between the two products.

I appreciate your consistently good support here; I’m just frustrated to be running into unexpected behavior on a time-sensitive project.

Thank you!
-Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Let me address your questions one at a time.

• Cornerstone in Pro: Please note that Cornerstone is already built into Pro Theme and is known as Content builder.

• Demo content: Unlike X Theme, Pro Theme does not comes with demo content. Pro Theme is designed using a complete different templating system and architecture. However, Pro Theme comes with Design Cloud that can be used to import ready made design modules. Please take a look at following resource to learn more.

• Can you please let me know the issue you are facing with Cornerstone? It’s not quite clear reading the ticket the problem you are facing with Cornerstone. That being said, ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.

• Different between X and Pro. The primary difference between X and Pro Theme, Pro Theme comes with Header and Footer builder. Using header and footer builder, you can create unique page specific or global headers and footers. X Theme comes with demo contents import function and on the other hand Pro Theme comes with design cloud, details on design cloud shared above. To learn more about header and footer builder, please take a look a following resource.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.