2 Filters for the Portfolio Site possible?

Hello, im sorry for my English, but I hope you can understand me. I will make my next webproject with the x-theme, but would like to clarify something in advance.
I will make a katalog of sme – companys, similar to www.bautrends.ch , but for all companys in switzerland.
I will make a Portfolio- Site for this, but I need 2 Filters. Region and Business. best over each other. First a search field to search for the tags (The tags are for the Business search: Dentist, Jurist, Photographer, ……) and among them the “Category Button” (The Categorys are for the Region: Basel, Zürich, Luzern…)
would that be possible with the x-theme and css or I need other plugins ? it must be consistent look.
Thank you for an answer.

Hi There,

You could achieve this using the Essential Grid extension:

Under Nav-Filter-Sort tab, you can add the Search to the top then the Filter by category below:

For more information, please take a look at this article:

https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/category-filters/

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Hello, thanks for an answer. Yes, this Grid i have seen and it is an Option. However, i think that with 500-1000 entries it might possibly become too slow and difficult to navigate in the backend. Based on my feeling, it might be better to build it without second plugin and work only with the portfolio plugin. Would it actullly work to use the grid with up to 500 entries? Do you have experience or good example, how it can be executed to serve my needs. Thank you for your support.

Hi Dirk,

Having 500 or a thousand posts or portfolio items can be loaded using the grid plugin with no issues at all. As long as you load several items in each page, that wouldn’t be a problem. By default, in X theme or Pro theme, we load at least 24 items in the portfolio page. You can load the next 24 portfolio items in the next page. Though you can increase the number, having more and more items to load will affect the page loading performance. The same goes with any grid plugins. Off course if you load all 500 items in one page, then you’ll probably gonna have to wait while all the 500 items is loaded on the page.

Hope this make sense.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.