2 Blog Posts Appearing When Shortcode Says Just 1

I’m using this shortcode: [x_recent_posts count=“1” show_excerpt=“true”]

But 2 blog posts are appearing instead of just 1. This is the page, any idea why this is happening?

https://staging.fluentstream.com/blog/

Hi Eli,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I tried to check your page but it’s asking for credentials. By looking at the shortcode you’re using It seems like you’re using the customized version of Recent Posts shortcode which might be outdated now because the standard version doesn’t have the show_excerpt option . Go to your child theme’s functions.php file and remove the Recent Posts customization or switch to parent theme and see if this resolves the issue.

Let us know how this goes!

Thanks, that resolved the issue. But it striped out the excerpt. How do I get the excerpt to show?

Hi Eli,

There might be a plugin conflict, try adding back the show_excerpt="true", then do testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Thanks for the help, but that doesn’t seem to be the issue. Here’s what I’ve done, please let me know if this is correct:

1. Removed the Recent Posts customization from my child theme’s function.php file

2. Used the shortcode: [x_recent_posts count=“1” show_excerpt=“true”]

3. Deactivated all of my plugins

Result: the Blog post appears without the excerpt.

What else could be wrong?

Hey Eli,

The Recent Post shortcode really does not have an excerpt. In the past, we just showed an example to add an excerpt but this doesn’t mean that we will fix issues that stem from it as part of our product support as it is quite involved.

What you can do is try using one of the bundled grid plugins as they allow the addition of the excerpt. Please visit the links below for more details:

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.