2.3.5 | Grouping Enabled Accordions

More of just a heads up than anything else. If you are working with an accordion element with “grouping” enabled, it all works just fine on the front end but in the builder preview, the previously selected accordion doesn’t collapse. Also, any header graphics such as an arrow in the accordion header are not rendering on the backend.

Perhaps this was intentional (though I don’t recall seeing it on the changelog) but I just spent the last 5 minutes trying to figure out what the heck was going on only to realize that it is fine on the front end :stuck_out_tongue:

Again, just trying to help. Great work on 2.3.x :smiley:

Josh.

We are glad that you are enjoying the theme.

I just checked the accordion works fine on my end as expected. There might be some caching issue in your setup.
Let us know if we can help you with anything.

Thanks

Definitely not a caching issue. Please see secure note and check the homepage. Scroll down the the section with accordions (referenced in the video) and then look at that same section on the front-end. You’ll notice they are vastly different.

Cleared server cache, no CDN, cleared V2 style cache, etc, etc, etc.

@alexander

Thanks.

Hello @DoncoMarketing,

I have logged in and tested your site. I could not replicate any issue.
Please see the screenshots in the secure note.

Thanks.

@RueNel Yes, the homepage works now because after the team thought it was just a caching issue I decided to simply delete the existing section and create it new in Global Blocks (the GB was for other reasons). Once saved as a GB, it started working again.

That said, you can still replicate the issue on the “About Us” page. Give it a go.

Update: Also, along these same lines I just started building a brand spankin’ new accordion in my test install of 2.3.6 provided by @alexander and there is still an issue plus I noticed that when you add or duplicate an accordion item, it bounced you back to layout which is a bit unintuitive.

Video of both graphic issue and bounce to layout is in secure note below.

Could you update to the official 2.3.6 release? The bundle I sent you was missing a few fixes that were added later. I’ve tested this on the official release and it’s not happening there.

@alexander

Still happening in official 2.3.6 release. Please just login and look at the “About Us” page. Look at the accordions in the builder:

1. You’ll notice that there are no graphics showing up (even though they are there on the front end)
  2. You’ll notice that they do not link/group (even though they do link/group on the front end)

Just like in the video in the secure note above. Please take a look and let me know. Thanks.

Hi There,

Thank you for reporting this issue, I can replicate both of this issue on my end. Rest assured that this has been directly introduced to Alex.

You can check the Release Note page when we release an update to see if a fix for these bugs is included.

Have a nice weekend,
Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.