1st month website help

Hi there. I purchased the theme like 2 months ago and been using it on my first website. I just have a couple of questions along the way

1. I’m using ethos, and haven’t done any customize yet. The default text color is gray, how can I change all text color to black? Like for the new posts to be black instead of gray (I’ve done editing manually by blocks and takes lot of time)

2. I’ve changed the font block by block manually to black and the link part becomes black also (on the default gray, the link part is red), so the link becomes unrecognizeble unless you put the mouse to it, so yeah, how to change the default so that all text would be black and links will be like blue with underline or something.

3. Lastly, how to make the heading and be list at the same time? Like when i make something heading it can’t be a list. Like heading 3 on each, 1. Orange is… 2. Apple is …
    I can’t make it heading and list at the same time, so yeah, any suggestions?

Thank you for reading and waiting to hear back from you soon. Thanks again

Hey @Jershom,

Thanks for writing in. Let me address your concerns in a question and answer format.

For global body texts and headlines including Classic elements like the Classic Headlines and Classic Text, the Body text color can changed in WP Admin Menu > X/Pro > Theme Options > Typography > Body Font Color and the Headings color in Theme Options > Typography > Headings Font Color.

I believe you’re using the Text Color option of the Rich Text or Visual editor. You don’t have to do this because as mentioned above, there are text color options. This is also not recommended as this will override the theme’s and builder’s text color option.

Using the Text Color option of the Rich Text or Visual editor is the only reason why our theme’s link color option would be overridden. Please remove the Text Color you’ve applied by clicking on the x icon in the color palette.

If you want to change the link color, by the way, the link color could be changed in Theme Options > Typography > Site Links.

Our theme designer may be determined that underlined links are not good for design so there is no option to underline a link, regretfully.

If you’re not a developer, you can use the Visual Text Formatting of WordPress. Below is a quick video demo of what I mean. For complete details, please learn from the Text Editing documentation of WordPress here: https://make.wordpress.org/support/user-manual/content/editors/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’d also recommend that you learn more from our Knowledge Base and video tutorials in our Youtube Channel.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.