1)Theme update breaks site 2) blog content is there but invisible

I have 3 identical websites with identical plugins, each on their own DreamPress installation with Dreamhost.
The 3 domains are:

On the 3rd domain (san diego) the most recent theme version works fine and doesn’t seem to have any issues. When I try and update the other two sites to any version higher than Version: 2.0.2, the website breaks, CSS won’t load, and it turns into a huge mess.

Now the blog on one of the sites, https://www.goldbergjones-wa.com/resources/blog/, won’t load any visuals. If you hover over the content you can see it’s actually there and click any of the links and they work, just not visually.

I think I might be running out of time with regards to the two sites that won’t update. I imagine my problems are going to start piling up given it’s been many many months since I was able to use the current theme.

I started with customer support at Dreamhost, but they told me it was most likely a theme or plugin problem. Except that I’ve already tried deactivating all the plugins that aren’t required to run the site before trying the updates again and that didn’t work.

The screen shot is not of the broken theme upgrade, it’s of the blog feed.

Thank you in advance for your help, I’m desperate to get this fixed. The 3 blogs are part of an annoyingly expensive marketing campaign we’re running and we’re now sending people to a page that won’t work. :frowning_face:

These might be two totally separate issues, I’m guessing the blog might work if the theme could be updated? But I wonder why the Oregon one didn’t break as well since they’re the same.

EDIT: Now the pro tab has vanished form my pages and been replaced with shortcodes.

If I select Pro>Edit page form the front end i can use the builder that way, but I can’t make anything new and be able to access it.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in and we’re sorry to hear that you seem to be experiencing some issues, the difference between the Oregon and Washington site is that the Oregon site is not updated. I advise restoring the Washington site on the previous date where it was still working.

And then duplicate the site on a staging server and update Theme and Plugins in there first and see if that resolves the issues.

Updating WordPress
Updating Your Themes and Extensions
How to Properly Update Plugins

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Also, would you mind redoing the plugin conflict test, but this time, please clear and deactivate all your caching plugins. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

I finally got https://www.goldbergjones-wa.com working, except the Pro tab still hasn’t come back. You can edit the page via protab when accessed from the front end, except I need to make a new page and am unable to do so in its current state.

Hi There,

Try to switch to the parent Pro theme and see if that resolves the issue, this could be a caused of a modification that you did on the child theme.

Also, I’m seeing errors from your SEO plugins, please try to deactivate your SEO plugins.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.