Question about blog posts (regarding typography & tags)

Hey there!

Im not sure where to adjust the settings for the blog posts. Could anybody help me with that?

Id like the text (post title + excerpt) to be white and the tags (white text so can’t read it) at the bottom
not to be displayed.

Thank you for your time!

BTW, I use the integrity preset in X Theme.

I tried looking for these settings in the customizer (“Blog”) tab but that seems very limited.

Thanks again!

Hello @Fred1985,

Thanks for writing to us.

It is not possible to advise you without checking the site. In order to help you with your concern please share your exact page URL.

Or

You may try this custom CSS code. You need to add this under X/Pro—>Theme Option —>CSS.

.tag-content .entry-footer a {
    color: #000000;
}
header.entry-header h2.entry-title a {
    color: #ffffff;
}

Please feel free to change the color code as per your design.

The purpose of providing the custom CSS to show you how to add CSS code to your site. Writing custom CSS is outside the scope of our theme support. If you need more customization, you need to learn CSS and learn how to use the browser’s element inspector.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hey there, thank you for your time already. I hope this would be able to set up with the Customize functionality. I did it like that with my other websites as well.

The url: https://typebeats.com/new-beats/

Thanks again Prakash_s I really appreciate the time and effort youre taking to help me out with this!

Hey @Fred1985,

You are most welcome. By the way, you can change the colors in X > Theme Options > Typography > Body and Content > Color and in X > Theme Options > Typography > Headings > Color.

Best Regards.

Thank you Ruenel, yet unfortantely that doesn’t seem to work.

The Headline colors stay grey and the tag colors remain white (invisible).

Anybody would you have any idea what could be the cause?

Hey @Fred1985,

If that is the case, please provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @Fred1985,

First, off I’d like to explain why that is happening, it is because you have chosen the Integrity dark design, so with that, you get the default elements as light color (e.g. the tags) to balance the contrast.

Now back to the issue, I would like to advise first to set the Integrity design to Light and see if that does more good than bad. If it’s the latter then add the custom CSS code provided by Prakash above to solve the tags issue (minus the .tag-content selector though).

However, because you’re using Integrity dark design you might encounter this same issue with different default elements, like the heading, subheading, and other unforeseen elements and the only solution is to use custom CSS. I hope the Integrity design Light will work just fine though so you’re not going to need custom CSS.

Please note that the caching plugin/feature you’re using is very persistent (even to login user), always Purge cache when you do edit so you can see the changes immediately.

Cheers,

Friech, this worked perfectly. thank you so much.

Now there’s one more thing remaining and it’s the title (in dark grey/black) when you open a post.

I have installed some “no title” plugin but it doesn’t seem to be able to do away with that.

Would you have an idea how to fix that?

Hello @Fred1985,

I have not tested the “No title” plugin at my end so I can not say about that. In case if you want to make the title visible you can add this custom CSS for the quick fix

.single-post article.post h1.entry-title {
    color: #ffffff;
}

Please feel free to change the color code as per your design.

In case if you want to hide the title from here. You can use this custom CSS code.

.single-post article.post h1.entry-title {
    display: none;
}

The purpose of providing the custom CSS to show you how to add CSS code to your site. Writing custom CSS is outside the scope of our theme support. If you need more customization, you need to learn CSS and learn how to use the browser’s element inspector.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.