Html preview error message

I keep getting a html error message. I tried to clear my browser cache and site cache and even disable plugins to see if that was the problem, but it still won’t go away.

Hello Austin,

Thanks for writing in! It seems that a GDPR plugin might be causing the issue. Could you please provide us access to your site so that we can investigate further. You can insert the login credentials in a secure note in your next reply. To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Best Regards.

In the secure note do I attach the web address, FTP Username, and FTP Password?

Hello Austin,

We need the WP credentials for the meantime. We will check the files later on.
Your FTP details might not be needed or will be asked then.

Meanwhile, please check out this knowledge base article:

Regards.

Alright sounds good

Hi Austin,

I tried creating a test page and cornerstone seems to work without issues.

It looks like that the issue is only happening on one specific page? Can you please confirm.

If that the case, please provide us the exact url of the page so we can check. I tried browsing through posts and pages but could not find the page,

Thanks

it happens when I go to X << and then Theme Options. The notification pops up only for a a couple seconds on the top right corner of the screen then it disappears. But if I try to edit anything it constantly reappears. It is on the home page with the X theme customization options.

Hi Austin,

Can you deactivating all plugins except cornerstone, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

You can also try to activate your parent theme to check if your child theme is the one causing the issue.

Thanks

I tried deactivating all the plugins and it still has that error message. I also switched to the parent theme and it is still has the error.

Hi Austin,

Could you try again it this time? It was due to Autoptimize plugin.

Thanks!

Tried it, but it still shows the same error message.

Hi Austin,

This is what I’m currently getting

Are you stuck on that logo? I see that error but not always, but the loading always continues. Please try deactivating Autoptimize then clear your browser cache, and test it again. Server cache and browser caches are different.

Thanks!

Tried that and it still shows the error. I’m not stuck at the logo forever, everything just takes forever when you edit it because that error notification pops up multiple times and then causes the logo to load for a while then it goes away. I tried clearing the browser cache and even tried logging on a different browser too and it still shows the error.

I noticed whenever I edit something simple like anchor on or off it only shows one of those error messages, but if I edit something like a text box, it shows up to 4 of the errors stacked on each other and it takes a really long time to load. I even tried it on a different computer and it still has the error message.

Hi Austin,

Still, I’m not getting any similar issue but I’ll continue checking. Could you try it on another device or PC?

Thanks!

I tried it on a different device that I’ve never logged into to my site before with and it still has the error message.

Hello Austin,

I have logged in and check everything. I found out that you have modified the parent theme’s header.php and footer.php files. I have reverted it back to resolved the issue.

HEADER.PHP

<?php

// =============================================================================
// HEADER.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// The site header.
// =============================================================================

x_get_view( 'header', 'base' );

FOOTER.PHP

<?php

// FOOTER.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// The site footer.

x_get_view( 'footer', 'base' );

Please don’t be alarm if there are no wp-head() or wp-footer() function in the files. We have a unique template system which has this functions to make use of the possibilities of using 4 stacks within one theme.

Please check your site again.

It worked, the error message is gone. Thank you!

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.