Cornerstone update ruined my website, again

Hello, this is a regular occurrence now. Please help, now my Essential Grid plugin isn’t working, I’d like to just revert to the previous Cornerstone if possible. Any idea why this keeps happening, it’s been problematic the last three updates so far.

Same thing happened here. Cornerstone’s update knocked out my portfolio entirely and my grid plugin functionality on the site.

1 Like

Hi @CatQuinney,

Thanks for reaching out.

The reason why you have a problem on your website is because of the compatibility issue of X and cornerstone plugin. Currently, you have an old X theme version is 8.0.11 and your Cornerstone version is 5.1.1 and that’s the reason for your problems. To fix your issue, first, you need to deactivate and uninstall your cornerstone plugin to avoid any conflict when upgrading your X theme. Second, upgrade your X theme to the latest version and the last thing you should do is install the cornerstone plugin again.

@wingeddesign, please follow my advice on this reply.

If you can’t see any automatic updates on the theme, you can manually download it in your themeco account.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thanks, this was the same advice I was given about two weeks ago with the last update. Should I expect this to happen every time?

There is another major issue that’s come to light that’s still present. The ‘Portfolio’ function from the WP dashboard menu has disappeared and none of my portfolio ‘pages’ are present! If you clicked from ‘Word’ on any project, they all divert to home page now. This occurred with the update, I’ve no idea how to get that back and I sincerely hope it’s not lost as those pages were a major amount of time invested.

update after resolving the Font Awesome icon issue (which seems completely unrelated but I’m no expert), the portfolio has reappeared. Perhaps it was the update but the return of the Portfolio function was delayed. So case closed despite the resolution remaining a mystery. Thanks.

Hi @CatQuinney,

Glad to hear it is working now! Thanks for confirming with us.

Hello,
Unfortunately almost everything works but each individual Portfolio item is not, if you click on one from the Homepage or Portfolio page, it just diverts to the homepage (but keeps the url of the portfolio item in the address bar). Please help.

Thanks

Hello @CatQuinney,

The issue could be related to a redirect, condition, or setting in your site. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @CatQuinney,

Thanks for providing all the details.

I check your website and confirmed your issue. The first thing I did was updating the X theme and Cornerstone plugin to the latest version because it fixes some issues with the Portfolio. I test again your website and the issue still there, so the next step I did was disable all your plugins except for cornerstone, and it’s now fixing your issue. At first, I thought it was a plugin conflict but when I enable back all the plugins, it is now working as it should be. So I suspect it is just some cache with the plugins installed causing the issue on your website. The great thing is, your website is now working properly.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hello, it is working again - thank you. Can you be sure it was the plugin cache? It’d be good to know this cannot happen again and if we have eliminated it for sure.

Thanks,
Cat

Hi Cat,

No, we cannot be 100% certain, but it’s a logical hypothesis based on the tests my colleague ran and the outcome.

Sorry I can’t give you a more definitive answer.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.