Navigation

This content is old and no longer supported. You may use at your own risk, but no official support will be provided for anything listed here. If you are a Themeco customer, we invite you to check out our new community and forums, Apex.

Tagged: 

• Author

Cean
    Participant

Dear X Support Team,

I know that you don’t support 3rd party extensions but it is included with your theme so I thought that I would give it a go. I haven’t purchased the Revslider so I guess that they won’t give me support. If you can’t assist I will understand but here goes:

My client is unhappy because he is checking the slider on his iPad. When he changes the orientation of the iPad from landscape to portrait the slider goes off center until the page is refreshed. It doesn’t pick up that the orientation has changed an adjust automatically. What am I missing? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Rupok

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! If you are changing orientation and checking then it might not work properly because the size, position etc are already being calculated and might not change without refreshing. As it’s not managed by Themeco, we can’t control the functionality. You can find the “Responsive Settings” from Revolution Slider Documentation .

Cheers!

Cean
    Participant

Dear Rupok,

Thanks for your reply.

On further testing and with ThemePunches assistance (after paying another $25 for support) I have discovered that it’s the Cornerstone page builder that is causing the problem. If I disable it, the slider works as expected and re centers itself when changing the orientation of the iPad or other mobile device.

As the slider is bundled with your theme, I imagine that it is meant to be compatible with Cornerstone.

This is clearly a bug that you should be aware of so please can you offer further assistance.

Cean
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Rad

Hi there,

I can confirm that, and it’s some sort of conflict related to n.media, I don’t see other issues similar to this. Other slider and sites work just fine on iPad regardless of orientation.

Are you currently working on it? I’m kicked out off the admin. Would you mind disabling the coming seen page, or maybe make the password easier just this time, it’s hard getting back on it in iPad over and over 🙂

I could do that but I need your permission first.

Thanks!

Cean
    Participant

Rad

Hi there,

Yes, it will not work, I think oreintatiochange is only applicable for jQuery Mobile (different from just jQuery).

But this line alone should work, because all re-rendering functionality is attached to resize() event.

jQuery(window).trigger('resize');

But it’s not, something is blocking it from executing. The resize() event is supposed to run when the orientation is changed, but it’s not based on the tests I made. Would it be okay if I disable all plugins and some features of your site? But please backup your site first. Safety first as this process may ruin your live site 🙂

Thanks!

Cean
    Participant

Hi there Rad,

I have created a full offline backup so please go ahead and do whatever is required to sort out this problem. You have my full permission.

Thanks again for your assistance, it is much appreciated.

Rad

Hi there,

The source of the issues are the background videos added to the three sections. Videos aren’t playable on mobile/tablet by default, it needs user interaction to play and as with user consent. Hence, the videos are not actually loaded, but being resized which fails and affecting other javascript functionality including the one from the slider.

I disabled the background videos so you could see. And maybe your site’s security are blocking iframe embedded pages, as it blocks the youtube, but it plays okay.

Thanks!

Cean
    Participant

Christian

You’re welcome.

Join Apex

This content is old and no longer supported. We invite you to check out our new community and forums, Apex.

Join Apex