Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.

Tagged: 

• Author

Eyoael
    Participant

Hi,

I know that you guys may not want to help me with this but please i really need your help. I’m trying to add line-icons to my site and i have used icons from this website https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/resources/how-to-use-and-embed-an-icon-font-on-your-website and i have followed all the instructions that is on here and it should work but it doesn’t. I have a child theme installed and i have added the appropriate css to my child theme style.css using filemanager and have added the fonts ttf etc to my fonts folder, but it still won’t work, ca you please please help me?

Best regards
    Eyoael

Rupok

Hi Eyoael,

It seems a custom font that you are trying to use. Here goes the step by step guide to add custom webfont to your site.

You can add custom fonts to your website using CSS3 @font-face rule. To do this, please review this article: http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/using-font-face/

Basically you need to add the following code in your child theme’s style.css file (if you haven’t installed a child theme, please visit this to install Child Theme):

@font-face {
      font-family: 'MyWebFont';
      src: url('path-to-your-font-directory/font_name.eot');
      src: url('path-to-your-font-directory/font_name.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),
           url('path-to-your-font-directory/font_name.woff') format('woff'),
           url('path-to-your-font-directory/font_name.ttf')  format('truetype'),
           url('path-to-your-font-directory/font_name.svg#svgFontName') format('svg');
    }

Replace MyWebFont with the name of your font, path-to-your-font-directory with your fonts directory URL (e.g, http://yourwebsite.com/fonts) and font_name with your font’s name.

Next, whenever you need to use this font, simply use “MyWebFont” (or your custom font name), e.g:

body {
       font-family: 'MyWebFont', sans-serif;
    }

Hope this helps. 🙂

Thank you.

Eyoael
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Lely

Hi Eyoael,

Please also give us FTP credentials on a private reply so we can check your font exact location.
    Upon checking your child theme style.css your font http://www.hopeochlaila.se/et_line.woff is page not found. We need to use correct path for the CSS to work.

Eyoael
    Participant

Hi,

I’m waiting for the person who is responsible for the ftp side of my site to give me the credentials. Can’t i just remove the woff, do i really need that when i have the ttf and svg files? And can’t this be fixed through the file manager plugin that i have installed??

Best regards
    Eyoael

Eyoael
    Participant

Hi,

I forget to ask does it matter that i have a onepage layout for my website??

Best regards
    Eyoael

Jade

Hi Eyoael,

Although having all the font file types in the code is not necessary and you can simply remove them, it helps as a fallback for browsers that might not support some font file types.

As for the one page layout, do you mean the one page navigation feature? If so, you can check out this page for more information about it.

Eyoael
    Participant

Hi,

Lets say that i just forget about this tutorial from elegantthemes because it’s just a hassel to implement in x, is there an easy way for me to use line icons instead of the default x icons??

Best regards Eyoael

Rupok

Hi there,

That’s exactly suggested on previous reply (#1230963). So you need the font files and CSS. Then upload it to your server and link them properly as the walkthrough shows.

If you still feel uncomfortable, kindly seek help from a developer or use the existing icons or find plugins to achieve this quickly.

Cheers!

Eyoael
    Participant

Paul R

Hi EYoael,

Please provide us your ftp login username as well.

Thanks

Eyoael
    Participant

Paul R

Hi,

I am sorry but I still can’t login.

Can you provide us your cpanel login instead.

Thanks

Eyoael
    Participant

Eyoael
    Participant