Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.

Tagged: 

• Author

Pavle L
    Participant

Hi support,

Could you give me advice for creating custom blog and custom post page.

I want to create custom blog page (probably i will have 2 blog pages). I need to have regular header and footer, but central part will have different structure.
    Is there any documentation for achieving that.
    Suppose that central part will have some-template.php which will include header, footer?

Also the question is related for custom single post page (which will be in correlation with new blog page) ?

Lely

Hello Pavle,

We can achieve that using categories. Assign your post on two different category. Each category will act as your blog index page. Then check this thread for custom templates:https://community.theme.co/forums/topic/custom-category-templates/

Regarding post template, please share your site URL and the a screenshot you want to achieve. We can only guide you regarding on which template to duplicate because this is beyond the scope of our support. Thank you for understanding.

Pavle L
    Participant

Hi support,

Okay, i have created custom post type via cpt and i am using custom fields. Basicaly i have custom fields and 1 core.
    Title (default wp field)
    Description (custom field)
    Price (custom field)
    Image (custom field)

I noticed that essential grid have abillity to display post (using wp query function).
    I have successful displayed custom post listing for default post, but when I set source-s to post – (with desired category). Nothing shows. That is custom posts.

essgrid custom post

Pavle L
    Participant

I have also set additional parameters
    post_type and category
    Currenly it shows me 1 item from different category?

This category should have around 16 items

Lely

Hi Pavle,

Please check this article:https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/global-settings/. Look for #11 to enable Custom Post type.

Pavle L
    Participant

Hi support I did not find anything related to ACF

I asked their support for advice but they redirected me to X theme support.

Rad

Hi there,

Does the taxonomy assigned to your custom post type? Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

– Link to your site
    – WordPress Admin username / password

Don’t forget to select Set as private reply. This ensures your information is only visible to our staff.

And you may want to continue our discussion on our new custom support page, https://community.theme.co/forums/topic/welcome-to-the-general-forum-please-read-this-first/. But link this thread there.

Thanks!

Pavle L
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Rad

Hi there,

If you’ll check in Admin > Posts > Categories it really has 1 item in that Proizvodi – Auto Prodavnica category. And 17 items in Proizvodi – Robna Kuca category. They are correct and exactly the same on your screenshots. If you’ll go to Admin > Skundric proizvodi, the total items is 18, which is the total of 1 item and 17 items from two different category.

And you don’t need to add post type and category in additional parameters, it’s redundant. That option is already available above it, Post Types and Post Categories, just choose what post type and you have to scroll it and find your custom post type (this time, select Proizvod ). Then choose the categories.

You can select multiple post types and categories too by holding CTRL KEY while clicking the options. What’s left is just adding featured images to your items.

Thanks!

Pavle L
    Participant

Sry Rad, I dont understand your instructions.

How can I display informations from custom fields made with ACF pro in essential grid ?

Rad

Hi there,

Please select Proizvod from the post type list, then select Proizvodi – Auto Prodavnica and Proizvodi – Robna Kuca at the same time in the category. Then it will have 18 items.

You don’t need to add post types and category in an additional parameter input.

And you can’t use ACF on Essential Grid, EG only works on WordPress standard custom field, or use its own added meta feature.

Thanks!