Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.
  • Author

selkins
    Participant

Hi,

I need to have a place in the main menu area called login – it could be a top bar as well. I thought this feature came with X but when I do a search on login in the forums I just get hits for things like customizing the WP login, etc.

The site is not going to be e-commerce. I need a login in feature for certain company staff and selected customers to login from the site (I am using the Ethos 01 stack) and go to a secured page that can only be accessed by people who login.

Can you point me in the right direction on how to do this?

Thanks,
    Scott

Paul R

Hi Scott,

Thanks for writing in!

You can add your login menu under Appearance > menu

Please see screenshot – http://screencast.com/t/bkZd57WS5B

Hope that helps.

selkins
    Participant

Hi,
    Yes that’s the simple part. I need to set up the login and the secured page that will be displayed once the user logs in. I thought this feature came with X but it seems I was mistaken. If it doesn’t then I realize this is out of scope for your technical support. However, I would appreciate any plugins and directions on how to do this if you can.

Many Thanks,
    Scott

Darshana

Hi there,

You will need to use membership plugin for this. There known plugins like S2Member, Amember, Wishlist Member, DAP, Magic Member, MemberPress, OptimizePress Plugin, WP Members. Or search for a free membership plugin on wordpress plugin repository. There are hundreds of wordpress membership plugin, but most of them are premium.

Also you may review the following article on our blog for more information (http://theme.co/blog/how-to-launch-a-membership-site-with-the-x-theme/).

Please Note: As we do not provide support for third party plugins or scripts according to our support policy; any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Thank you for your understanding.

selkins
    Participant

I understand and appreciate some suggestions. I’m giving the plugin S2Member a go.
    Thanks,
    Scott

Rupok

You are welcome Scott!

Feel free to let us know if you face any other issue. We’ll be happy to assist you.

Thanks for using X.

Cheers!