Navigation

This content is old and no longer supported. You may use at your own risk, but no official support will be provided for anything listed here. If you are a Themeco customer, we invite you to check out our new community and forums, Apex.

• Author

Benjamin H
    Participant

I have a plugin running which requires me to add a shortcode to display the data, how do I use Cornerstone to add the shortcode, right now it keeps displaying as text…

Benjamin

Christopher

Hi there,

Please add shortcod in text tab of editor and test it.

As this is a third party plugin we are not sure if we could help you with this, but first I would like to see your site URL.

Thanks.

josephrose
    Participant

I’m having this problem.

I just want to add a shortcake to display an Instagram feed on my home page, and I can’t seem to get it to work.

Rad

Hi there,

You’ll have to integrate your shortcode in cornerstone by creating an element that represent your shortcode. Unfortunately, we can’t provide custom development of any custom element.

Please check this, https://community.theme.co/kb/cornerstone-custom-elements/

Thanks for understanding.

Jasperseyers
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m very sorry but I think this completele unacceptable.. If I understand correctly Cornerstone is packed with all kinds of features, of which 80% might even never be used, but it is not possible to add a plain and simple shortcode ?
    thanks

rajuju
    Participant

I was just looking into this as well and figured I must have been missing something. Cornerstone is pretty awesome but it sucks that my entire page has to be edited without Cornerstone if I want to embed a shortcode. Hope you guys can resolve this. Thanks for the great theme.

Rue Nel

Hello Guys,

Thanks for updating this thread! The 3rd party shortcode should work when you insert it using a text element or a raw content element. We have tested this already and should be working in your end. Just make sure that you have the latest versions installed. X 4.3.4 and Cornerstone 1.1.3 are now available! You can find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site. If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

electric-press
    Participant

Hello l am trying to use a third party shortcode, Everything is up to date and it still isn’t displaying.

Joao

Hi There,

The shortcode should be pasted on the RAW CONTENT ELEMENT and it should work fine.

If does not work, please provide use your URL and WP-Admin Credentials on a private reply so we can have a look.

We don´t guarantee the compatibility with third party plugins but we can have a look why it is not working and try to help.

Thanks,

Joao

BSeriesAdmin
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m having the same issue. My theme is up to date and I have pasted the shortcode into the Raw Content and still it shows as text [WPJB_APPLY_FORM]. When I paste the shortcode into the theme without using Customizer it works but then I lose the page layout. My url is http://www.bseriesrecruitment.com.au

Paul R

Hi,

Kindly create a new topic then provide us with your wordpress admin login on a separate private reply so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

Creech
    Participant

Having the same issue – shortcakes not working in text or in raw content fields – will post info below private reply

Creech
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Rahul

Hey There,

Can you please create a new ticket/topic then provide us with your wordpress admin login, Site’s URL and the Shortcode which is not working in Raw Content field on a separate private reply so we can take a closer look?

Thanks!

Rahul

Hey There,

Can you please create a new ticket/topic then provide us with your wordpress admin login, Site’s URL and the Shortcode which is not working in Raw Content field on a separate private reply so we can take a closer look?

Thanks!

Join Apex

This content is old and no longer supported. We invite you to check out our new community and forums, Apex.

Join Apex