Video in background of revolution slider is not autoplaying

I put Youtube Video and I checked all settings, but autoplay is not working. I can see the right cover picture. ID is OK.
I even tried to put the video in a layer, but same problem here. What settings can I check?

Hey Alexandra,

Please give us the URL of the page where you added the slider so we could check if there are errors in the console. Also, what browser are you using? Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

The site is on maintenance mode. So the URL doesn´t help you.
Here the wordpress login:

I just began the programing. I have theme X , which I used already many times. I installed Demo-version “agency” and the revolution slider is installed from theme-add-on.
I use firefox.
The video, I want to present in the slider is just a demo version, as I have to ask the clients, wether they are happy with it.

For saying the truth, this time there are many bugs in the theme. For example there is no way to preview the page from cornerstone. The button for preview does not exist.
Also in cornerstone the display is not the same as in frontend. It is very hard to work like this.
I bught Theme X yesterday with saving 25%. I really hope, that I didn´t get a bad release or something like that.

Thanks for helping.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! By default videos will not play automatically. In Revolution slider when you set a Youtube video, you will have to add the autoplay parameter in the Arguments field.

For more details about how you can add a Youtube as background video, please check out this documentation:
https://www.themepunch.com/revslider-doc/main-background/?tab=youtube#youtube-sourcesettings

I have checked your homepage and I can see that the Cornerstone preview is not the same as the live page. I can also see that there are JS errors on the page which may have been the reason why it is not working perfectly. This could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue still exist, please re install X theme and Cornerstone. There might be some files that were corrupted. You can review our update guide and see the Manual Update section to re install X.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for helping.
Unfortunately the video problem is still there. No autoplay. I added the auoplay argument, as you can see in the screenshot.
Maybe there is a “|” missing in the code?? I could not read it properly from your screenshot.
The documentation is very interesting but there is no explanation for autoplay! :frowning:

I deactivated Akismet Plugin and now the preview is the same as live page. I am glad, that at least this is better now.
But still there is no button in cornerstone for preview. But this problem is easely resolved with openig a new window.

Maybe you have another idea for the autoplay, that would be very nice.

Alexandra

Hey Alexandra,

I replicated this in my test site. The YouTube video actually plays automatically but the video poster gets stuck. It looks like a bug. I’ll post this in our issue tracker. For now please use a blank slider and instead, use our Slider Above Masthead feature.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.