Update has caused editing issues

I completed the recent updates. I can’t edit any of my content with either the WPBakery Page Builder which is for some reason my default editor or Cornerstone which will not let me install, I get this message: “Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.” My images are showing raw HTML and when I hover to edit I get a green block that says, “Text Block”. This website is a “Pro” upgrade however I can’t edit any of my old content with Pro because it states I will lose all of my existing content – editing was never an issue until this recent upgrade.

Hi Gary,

Please note that PRO theme does not need the Cornerstone plugin. The builder is integrated to the theme itself.

Kindly check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

1. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

3. Temporarily remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

4. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

5. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

7 Try to activate parent theme and check if issue persist

If none of these helps, kindly provide us your wordpress admin login in Secure Note

Thanks.

Hi @Banshee4u,

The access from my location is blocked by Wordfence, it said I have to wait but it never allows me to access the login page. Please deactivate the country blocking for now while we’re checking it.

And I was able to check the front pages and I see the scripts are being served from cache, please deactivate any cache plugin and feature too while we’re checking.

Thanks!

I don’t have a caching plugin?? I’ve gone through the Wordfence dashboard and firewall blocking, the plugin blocks 245 countries of origin - is there a specific IP that I can allow??? Where are you located??

Hello @Banshee4u,

We do not have any specific IP. Our staff is located across the globe and it would be impossible to give you one IP since our staffs works in different timezones and different schedules. It is best that you temporarily disable the WordFence plugin so that any of our staff on duty can access your site and be able to investigate more about the editing issue in your site right now.

Thank you.

Okay…disabled.

Hi Gary,

Let’s do this first please go to Admin > WPBakery page Builder > General Settings and toggled on the Legacy X Integration option. It’s currently unchecked/off. Then please update your WPBakery plugin.

I also tried the cornerstone and it works and loads okay, perhaps it’s happening on the specific page? Please let us know the URL.

Then let us know :slight_smile:

And please provide the credentials to the other sites that have this similar issue.

Thanks!

see secure notes

Hello Gary,

Did you created your page using the classic X theme shortcodes via the default WordPress editor? Please leave it there as it will still work with no issues if you use Pro theme. If you try to edit this page in the Pro Editor, you may not be able to because the page were not built with the Pro editor or Cornerstone. Any contents of the page/post created outside of Cornerstone or Pro editor will be discarded. You will have to start from scratch instead.

Please keep in mind that only pages/posts created with Cornerstone can be edited with Pro editor.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.