Slider Revolution Not Working in Admin

The Slider Revolution on X Theme will not allow me to make any changes in the admin section.

It works fine on the front end but when I go into edit a slide or add a new one, any button I click doesn’t seem to engage, doesn’t do anything.

Theme: X Theme Child

Thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

As we don’t have access to your website, can’t confirm you what could be the issue.
I would like to suggest you few troubleshooting processes to see if your issue resolved.
Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
    In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
    Set it as Secure Note
  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
    All the best!

Thanks Basanta,

I have replied directly to you.

Thanks
Sam

Hi @robbo651,

Replying directly to the support staff will not do. Please get back to us here and use a Secure Note to add private information if you want. For more information please read this article:

Thank you.

Thanks @christopher.amirian i have now added a secure note :slight_smile:

Hi There,

Thanks for the information!
The username or password you shared is not working for us.

Please check and get back to us. also please confirm if you have checked the above points that I have mention in the earlier post.

Thanks

Sent you a new password :slight_smile:
Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for the details.

I have checked your site and I am seeing the following Javascript errors on the console when I am on the rev slider admin area:

Uncaught TypeError: CodeMirror.fromTextArea is not a function
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'hasClass' of undefined

The version of your rev slider is the latest supported version of X so it could be that there is a third party plugin that is causing the JS error that is why you are not able to get the admin area working.

Kindly try to go to Revolution Slider > Global Settings then disable the options Include RevSlider libraries globally and Defer JavaScript Loading. Please make sure to purge the site’s cache after making changes on the settings.

Also, it seems that you have a standalone license for Rev Slider (ThemePunch) which you have registered. Please note that since you have Rev Slider validated, you should be able to get in touch the the Rev Slider support directly.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.