Product Search Widget - Lost Styling

Since updating Pro to the latest version, it seems to have lost some of the widget_product_search styling.

You can see it from my two screenshots. The first was one I grabbed from archive.org of how the site used to look - a simple search box with magnifying glass and the button hidden. However, with the new Pro (using Renew), it’s looking rather ugly, and the magnifying glass icon is in the wrong place now.

Hello @devilman,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please share website URL for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

https://www.consolemad.co.uk/ - you can see the Product Search on the right hand side.

Hi there,

Please add this code in the custom CSS:

.woocommerce-product-search button {
    display: none;
}

Hope this helps.

Thanks Jade. As the CSS to hide the button and control the magnifying glass styling was already in the older versions of Pro, will it be fixed in an update? I can put your override in to hide the button, but it won’t fix the search box styling.

Hey There,

It seems that you are using WP Rocket. Could you please clear the plugin cache first and we can test the site again? In most cases, issues like this is due to caching.

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Have a nice day and take care!

Cheers

I’ve already tried that, plus I’ve tried deactivating WP Rocket too. I don’t think it’s a caching issue - it seems to be CSS styling that used to be in the template but is no longer in there for some reason.

In this case, please give us WP admin access in a Secure Note so we could check your setup.

Thanks.

Ok, I’ve added a secure note. Thanks.

Hey @devilman,

Sorry for the confusion. I have replicated the issue in my test site and I’ll report this as a bug. Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks.

Thanks :slight_smile: I had a feeling it was a bug, so it’s nice to get confirmation.

You’re welcome. I got a feedback that the bug was due to a breaking change in WooCommerce. A fix might be available in one of the succeeding releases.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.