Permission error when installing Extensions

Before the 2.2 update I was using the Mailchip extension along with Contact Form 7. It seems that the Mailchip extension has now been replaced with an Email Forms option but I’m now having trouble installing any additional extension.

I have set all the permissions to 777 with no joy but installing any standard Wordpress Plug-in works no problem. Is there any other way of installing the extensions (e.g. downloading so I can manually install each one)?

Update: I have just spotted the Extensions I was using before the update/upgrade to Pro deactivated in my Plug-in screen. After activating these, they do seem to function correctly and I can access the settings but the validation screen isn’t showing that they are installed.

Any of the Extensions that I had not previously installed have the same issue as stated in the initial post (and after attempting the install they don’t appear deactivated in the Plug-in screen).

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in! Please provide us what is the error when you try to install an extension.

There is a JS error on your site with regards to the WP fade in text news plugin, try to deactivate that plugin and see if that resolves the issue.

If that did not work, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

The error message is saying ‘Your WordPress file permissions do not allow plugins to be installed.’

However installing plugins using the native Wordpress tools works without an issue (other than asking for the FTP details each time).

I have deactivated the WP fade in text news plugin but this has not resolved the problem.

Hello @thetravelvisa,

Thanks for updating the thread.

The issue with File permission you are getting is quite weird. On one hand you are not able to install the extensions from validation page but as per your message there is no issues while installing WordPress plugins.

Can you please confirm the file permission as per following article:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks.

I managed to find the problem with this issue.

The server has a file size limit and the website had almost peaked the available space. Trying to install a plugin was causing a ‘Could not create directory’ error as it would have caused the site to exceed the limit.

Thank you for your help - this has now been resolved.

Glad to hear everything is working fine now :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.