New Update Messes Up the CDN

I updated both theme x and cornerstone to the latest versions. What I got in return was a huge mess. The CDN was unable to load certain files (all jquery related) and all plugins I have that used jquery werent loading at all. In addition, the fonts got messed up on a few pages and posts. Also the favicons stopped working, they werent loading at all.

I had to restore the the older versions and the database as well to get it to work. This is a serious issue and I cannot update this again so you will see it. Please help. There is no url to give because im back on the old versions and with the old database.

Now I see that the mobile menu stopped working after the restore, please help. I will provide a url

Hello @Bark201,

Apologies for the trouble you are facing with the update.

I checked the website and can see bunch of issues with the layout. As you are using Cloudflare as CDN, I suggest you to first clear your Cloudflare cache and then try loding the website and see if the layout is fixed. After that put Cloudflare in development mode and then follow the steps mentioned in our theme and plugin update guide to update theme:

After updating if you face issues please share website login details (WordPress user name and password) and FTP (hostname, username, password) for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Are you sure you looked up the right website? Please try again. If you are still seeing the errors please send me a screenshot in a secure note so I can see what it is. I am not using cloudflare to the best of my knowledge…

Hello @Bark201,

I checked again the website and it seems that the interface is loading up fine. URL is used is in secure note. However, I do see that you are using Cloudflare. Please see screenshot, link in secure note.

Thanks.

It must be a plugin thats doing it or the theme itself but thats not the issue, its font awesome. The problem, is that the new theme is not working with my CDN (stackpaths), it prevents certain files from being cached. Now I went back to the older version but the mobile menu is no longer working on mobile devices, tested on android.

Hello @Bark201,

Can you please confirm you have rolled back to old version? I see that you are using X Theme version 6.1.3 and Cornerstone version 3.1.3. I tested your website on my Android Phone and navigation seems to be working fine. Please see the screencast video link in secure note.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.