I followed your advice and worked to use shortcodes to get the “look” of my webpage the way I want it.
I first tried the following X theme shortcode:
[callout type="center" title="Engaging Title Here" message="Add in your content here. Make sure that it is something super duper awesome to get people to click on the button below!" buttontext="Click Me!" href="#example"]_
I went to wp-admin/all pages/add new and I pasted this shortcode onto the new webpage. I added my content and clicked on Preview Page. The callout is showing but the content is not showing. I tried everything I could think of to get the content visible but I was unable to do this.
As an alternative, I found the following code on the internet which looked right to me, even though I did not recognize all of the classes or shortcodes.
Engaging Title Here
Add in your content here. Make sure that it is something super
_ duper awesome to get people to click on the button below!
When I used this for my page, it looks fine with these exceptions
1. The button at the bottom of the page is not centered on the page but should be.
2. The callout (the first object on the page) is full width. I want it to be a partial width in the center of the page like other pages in this theme.
3. The callout “frame” is different with this callout. I would like to know what is making this different.
The page using the first approach with the x theme shortcodes is the “Test Home” page
The page using the alternative approach is the Home – Front Page
I would be happy with the first approach (the x theme shortcode) or the alternative, whichever we can get working.
Is this something you can help me with? I have not changed the site’s user or password since my last secure message.
The following describes what I did to try to resolve the issues, for the alternative, if you want to see it.
- I have tried everything I know to get the button centered. I tried defining margin:0, margin-left, , etc., without success.
- I have taken several courses in both html and css. But, I am stumped with the site for this theme. I read the Knowledgebase document and the X Theme Documentation. I looked at the complete list of classes and Shortcodes. I could not find many of the classes and shortcodes used by theme. As a result I could not get any clarity that would enable me to use these for my customization of the home page as you suggested. I also “googled” many of these objects but could not find them on the internet.
To try another way to decipher the Integirty Theme, II created a new page. The only thing I did was assign a title to the page. The page was created with the default template. I could not find any documentation on the name of the default template or the code associated with that template. When I go to “edit” the page, the page is blank. It has no visible code.
I used Cornerstone inspect the new page’s callout to see how it was sized the way I want the callout on my Home page sized (not fullwidth)
When I inspect the object, I find it is a class named entry-wrap and is defined as:
1. display: block;
2. padding: 60px;
3. background-color: #121212;
4. border-radius: 4px;
5. box-shadow: inset 0 -0.125em 0.5em 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.85), 0 3px 2px -2px rgba(255,255,255,0.075);
This does not appear to have any effect on the size of the callout. However, it is part of a Div. When I look at the css for the div, I see the following:
Themeco does not list all the classes and shortcodes in the list of Shortcodes or The List of Classes. However, looking at the html, I do not see anything in the above that would describe the callout size.
By inspecting the element, I think I found the default template: