Cornerstone editor loads 60 seconds

Hello,
I have a productive site with theme x and cornerstone.
All up to date.
Cornerstone editor needs 60 seconds to load, every time.
I deactivated every plugin, child theme and custom css.
I deleted “WP Google Fonts” plugin, it was still there from an earlier version of the website.
Nothing helped yet.
Please support.
I send the link in a private message.
Thank you!

Hi There,

You forgot to provide the URL. Please provide your URL so we can check if there are errors on the console.

In the meanwhile, would you please add in your wp-config.php located at the root directory of your site.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line

/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks

I have attached the link as secure note. See above.
I have inserted your suggested code, but the editor still loads 60 seconds.

same here. with the latest update of today it does not load at all anymore. so i am stuck with my work for now :frowning:
this morning it loaded within 68 seconds. i have a fast internetconnection and put this in my wp-confiq file:
define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );
that is by far to long a loading time!

Hi there,

The performance of the builder and the overall website is heavily dependant on the hosting service provider and plan that you use. Our scripts and the whole software is a min range one tending to be less memory intensive code.

The rest is completely dependant on your hosting service provider. You can test that by moving the exact same website to your local machine or another hosting service provider:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress

You can follow the recommendation mentioned in this article which I think is the only thing you can do without the help of your hosting service provider:

There are many factors from the CPU strength to the RAM memory of the server which will make the difference.

Thank you.

Hi there,

I would answer the same thing which I gave the answer to @salilou. Kindly follow the same path regarding this.

The only thing that I can add is to make sure that no 3rd party plugin eats up your hosting resources. To test that kindly deactivate all 3rd party plugins and check the case. If you still experience a slow experience follow the same steps I suggested before.

Thank you.

thanks @christopher.amirian ! the website is hosted on a fast server and i have more than a handful of x installations with various hosting companies. thus i know by the experience i gathered from these installations that the server speed is very important. thus i choose fast servers! i will deactivate the plugins on this installation, but i use the same plugins in most of my installs. nothing special or different here. the only difference is that this is the pro version. the other installations are x installations. and since the header builder is really really slow in loading (several minutes) i assumed it was pro responsible for the slow loading times. i find that x or pro need a lot of server power. other visual editors don’t. so i still really hope that you keep improving loading times with cornerstone in the long run. is that something you are working on? thanks a lot! kai

Same here.
I have several websites with the german provider Strato and all of them run ok with X Theme and Cornerstone.
Cornerstone editor loads 10 to 20 seconds average here.
Only on the one page the editor needs over 60 seconds to load.
Even if I deactivate all plugins (except Cornerstone) and even x child theme.
There is a problem that you can not dismiss by saying, just use a faster server.
Maybe I shall provide credentials so you can have a closer look?
Thank you

Hi @iTurtle,

I double checked this case with our development team and they confirmed that the code is performant enough to work for most cases and hosting service providers. Kindly open up a separate thread and give us the URL/User/Pass of your website using the Secure Note functionality of the post there to follow up the case for you and find why this is happening for you.

Hi @salilou,

If this is happening only on one page, it is definitely something related to the page which we need to get access to the admin area to follow up. Please kindly get back to us with the information below using the Secure Note:

• URL of your WordPress Dashboard
  • Username of your WordPress Dashboard
  • Password of your WordPress Dashboard
  • Name of the page which you have a slow loading Cornerstone case

Thank you.

@christopher.amirian thanks! this is my new thread: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-and-pro-performance/13542

@iTurtle Let’s discuss it there :slight_smile: Cheers!

Here are the credentials in a secure note

Hi there,

I checked your website and there seems to be something wrong regarding the hosting service provider you use. The problem is the initial response time of the cornerstone-endpoint. It was in the pending mode for about 55 seconds till the response is generated by the server:

After that, the load was blazing fast and editor appeared. SO the problem is the initial response of the server here is an infographic of the case:

As you can see there is a green line at first showing the assets are loading, then it halts for about 55 seconds to get an answer from the server, after that, it took less than 5 seconds to load all the assets of the editor and show it on the screen.

The test is done for Gruppen and feedback pages and both took that much time, so it is not only related to the 2 pages you have mentioned.

You will need to contact your hosting service provider and find out why the initial response takes that much time. You can simply check for the case by having the same website up and running temporarily in another server for comparison.

We have different servers with different providers here at hand and they work with no problem. The problem is not the server being slow, actually, your server is pretty fast and it works ok when it comes to the normal load of the page. The problem comes when the ajax call is initiated to get the cornerstone-endpoint.

This might be caused by the limitation of the server to have multiple connections at a time and banning the user to get the response or something else which your server provider experts should check.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.