BBPress -Post Editor scrolls page down when i click link button

Hi!
I can’t figure out where the problem lies:

I have a page at https://forum.breastcarenetwork.com - you need to login to see it -

When you click in the TinyMCE Editor - Insert Link it scross down and not showing link insert window…

Does anyone have an idea how to fix that?

Hello @mkruchkov,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please never share login details in public. While sharing login details please use secure note feature so that information is in between you and Themeco staff. I have moved the login details to secure note.

I can confirm that Insert Link button in editor is not working. Please try out following solutions:

• Please make sure that you are using the supported version of bbPress. As of now supported version of bbPress is 2.5.14. To learn about the latest and compatible versions of bundled and supported plugins, please take a look at following doc:
  • Please make sure you are using latest version of WordPress 4.9.8.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi! Thanks so much for the fast reply. That was login/pass of a user without much permissions so the worst thing someone may do there is to make a post on a forum that would go to moderation…

I’ve disabled most of the plugins and the issue was still there. I tried to switch to a free theme that has bbpress support and it works well.

I’ve checked bbpress version - it is 2.5.14 - exactly the one that X-Theme supports… I’ll be happy to fix the issue manually in the code if I knew where’s the issue or a conflict…

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the login credentials, can you please grant an admin account privileges so we can take a look at other plugins installed? do you have any related plugin that enables using rich text editor in forums new topic area?

Thanks.

Thank you! I’ve made this user “testx” an Admin on staging environment where most of the plugins are deactivated https://breastcarenet.staging.wpengine.com Password is the same.

I’ve tested several plugins that activate tinymce for bbpress - same issue everywhere.

Here’s the page - where you can check how it works:
http://breastcarenet.staging.wpengine.com/forums/forum/test/

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I have investigated the issue and it seems that it is coming from the 3rd party plugin bbPress Toolkit. I would recommend that you contact the creators of this plugin since they are more familiar of how the plugin works and should easily resolve this issue for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Any plugin that activates tinyMCE on bbpress have same issue. I have deactivated bbPressToolkit and activated another one - Image Upload for bbPress Pro. Same issue. And when I switch theme from XTheme to another one - the issue disappears.

Hi again,

I did some deep testing and It seems like a bug, I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it. In the mean time you can disable the feature.

Thank you for understanding!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.